Saturday, June 21, 2008

I feel guilty

Guilty for complaining earlier in the week about the Relay for Life. I just got back, my mom took Carson out for a walk (I assume, they were gone when I got out of the shower), I'm eating some peanut butter with toast and drinking a big glass of milk.

I'm proud that I went last night. I'm proud that I raised money for such a worthy cause. I met some amazing people, heard some tear jerking stories, cried (many times), laughed, ran, walked, danced and listened to wicked music. I was a bit cold, a bit wet and am now a bit tired, but it was worth it.

My sister (a two time cancer survivor) and I, at the start of the night


Starting our final lap (7am this morning)


Tammy, Carrie and I during the last lap

The final lap. I'm a total cheeseball and I was so emotional. You should have heard these people talk about why they were walking. For themselves. For loved ones. For friends. For neighbours. There are alot of really great, unselfish people out there who don't always put themselves first. It's a breath of fresh air. Every time I volunteer or participate in some sort of charity, I always promise myself I'll do more of it. I have more of myself to give to others than I do. I want to help people who need my help more than I do. I'm not saying I'm going to quit my job and volunteer full time or anything, but I think everyone should make a concerted effort to remember to donate, whether it be time or money, to a worthy cause.


1 people had this to say:

FatMom said...

Wow, that just makes ME all teary just reading about it, and the bit about your own sister...you're a wonderful person, Christy.