Friday, February 11, 2011

Myfitnesspal

I should start this e-mail by saying I'm a Gemini. Most things you read about Geminis sound something like this:

They take up new activities enthusiastically but lack application, constantly needing new interests, flitting from project to project as apparently purposelessly as a butterfly dancing from flower to flower. To them life is a game which must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment, free of labor and routine. Changing horses in the middle of the stream is another small quirk in the Gemini personality which makes decision making, and sticking to a decision, particularly hard for them.

This is true for me in terms of starting new things. When I start a new job, I want a whole new wardrobe. I want to reinvent myself. If I start a new hobby, I want to go out and buy all the necessary equipment before I even figure out if I like it or not. When I started running I had to go out and buy running clothes, running shoes, hats, jackets, shorts etc... Every time I start journalling, I need a brand new journal. If I get a new outfit, I need new makeup to go with it. if I start to budget, I need a new budgetting program.

Some of it makes sense, but sometimes I take it to the extreme. (and now looking back at what I wrote you will know that I'm a total consumer, something I'm trying to change but I love new pretty things)

Anyways, I've written about my success with WW, how much I loved sparkpeople, dailyfit... and my newest love? Myfitnesspal

(if you join, add me, my name is anniekiki!)

Why do I love it?

- it's FREE
- it's easy to use
- you can add friends
- any food I've gone to add to my daily food diary is already in the database
- it tracks calories, carbs, fat & protein

Even though I've been told not to journal (with my issues it's been known to lead to obsessiveness) but honestly? It helps me SO much. I need to be held accountable. The only thing is - I'm not weighing myself, so you can't see my progress, but I can feel my progress.

And in the end, that's more important.

4 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Welcome back! I joined back when Village on a Diet started but have slacked off. Have to revisit. Hope all is well. Going to have a look at the EFT Link.

Chantal said...

I am glad you friended me on MFP. I am not using it at the moment but I will and I will be glad to have you there to cheer me on. And I will cheer you on :)

JavaChick said...

I like MFP too. It's easy to use, not a lot of clutter and it's pretty fast (I find sparkpeople to be too much and I was using thedailyplate but it got to be so slow I couldn't be bothered). They also have an iPhone app, which is handy. :)

Miss Gogo said...

I have been on MFP since I started losing weight after Ella (Sept. 2009) I love it! It has been a huge part of why I have lost 40lbs. I am trying to remember my username off hand but I think it may be gonnareachmygoal :o) as you might remember from WW when we met!