Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Operation: Don't gain 75 lbs

Is well under way.

Yesterday was chalk full of healthy foods (not exceeding my limit), exercise, water and feeling great.

I suppose I should start from the beginning. On Father's Day I found out I was pregnant. It was an accident (well, as in we weren't "trying" but we weren't doing anything to prevent it either) because we had wanted to wait another month. But I'm deliriously happy. I don't know if I am happier this time around, because I know how great being a parent is? Anyways, I'm still in the early early stages, but seeing as I write in this blog almost daily, I can't not write about it.

Last time I was pregnant, I gained 75 lbs. Isn't that ridiculous? I just used "I'm pregnant" as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. No wonder I didn't feel great during the end of my pregnancy, who would carrying around that much extra weight?

So, seeing as I'm "overweight", it's recommended that I only gain 15-25 lbs during this pregnancy. I'm not going to beat myself up if I gain more than that, nor will I become obsessive (being stressed is no good for mom or baby), but I will continue to journal, exercise and chocolate will not become my main source of energy. I'd love to be the fit pregnant woman I had hoped to be with Carson (when I got pregnant with him I was at my fittest ever).

This morning I'm headed over to the building where the gym is, to sign up for a month trial. I just want to make sure I use it before I sign up long term. My only worries is that I have an hour for lunch, and the class is 40 minutes. I need to shower after class. I can probably do that in an hour, but then adding on the walk to the builing (which is less than 5 minutes, but still, it's not like it's in my own building). Maybe I'll talk to my manager and either come in or stay late an extra 15 minutes to make up that time.

6 people had this to say:

marie said...

Congratulations!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Carolyn said...

CONGRATS!!!! WOW!!!!

That is amazing! I'm so happy for you! A little baby brother or sister for Carson...VERY exciting!

I'm sure you'll stay active during the pregnancy. Look how far you've come since you were preggers fwith Carson. Your much to aware now to gain 75 lbs!

Congrats again!!!

JavaChick said...

Congratulations!

I'm sure that being aware of the recommended weight gain will help keep you on track. You'll do great, I'm sure!

Amy said...

Yaaaaaaaaay! :)

Now I don't have to worry about spilling the beans!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!!

I want to be healthy during my pregnancy too. Of course we are not to the trying stage yet..
You will do great!

Can't wait to follow your progress.

Anonymous said...

You came out!:-)

Yay! You'll do great.

- m. (R's mom!)