Friday, August 29, 2008

Brilliant

That's what I think of "The Beck Diet Solution" book so far. I'm not reading ahead, so I'm only on day 3. But I love it. Today's lesson is "Eat Sitting Down". Basically it's saying thatyou have to be more conscious of everything you put in your mouth and that most of the eating that people do while on their feet is impulse eating. You'll feel more satisfied if you can see all your food set in front of you, then eating your calories one at a time, as you walk around mindlessly eating them.

It makes total sense, doesn't it. It also asks if we do any of the following?

- take free sampels of food at the grocery store
- taste food as you prepare meals (I'm brutal with this!)
- sneak bits of food from someone elses's plate as you clear the table (my son is a horrible eater, so his plate is normally full as I take it away, and I always make him yummy dinner so I'm sure to take a bite or two)
- spoon ice cream out of the container or reach into a abag of chips while you're walking around talking on the phone (the only phone on my first floor is in the kitchen, eek, I have to change that)
- take a piece of candy or pretzel as you walk past the snack jar sitting on a coworker's desk (I counted two points for the piece of chocolate our Assoc. Director brought back from England sitting on his assistant's desk!)
- nibble on something you see when opening the refrigerator to get somethign else out

And one more thing I do, when I give Carson a snack I often take a small bite. He loves dried apricots and I often give one to him and one to myself. Sure, not alot of calories, but they add up.

Anyways, the book really really makes alot of sense to me, I love it so far.

0 people had this to say: