Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Another 500 cals

Burned on my lunch hour. I never know how accurate the "calories burned" on the machines are, but on my shorter workouts I aim for 350 and my longer I aim for 500.

I can get to the gym (which is just down the hall) changed, a good workout, shower, dressed, makeup on and back to my desk in 55 minutes. It's awesome.

I didn't make it into work yesterday, I wasn't feeling that great, and I missed my workout.

4 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

Yowsa! What machine are you doing to burn 500 calories?!?

aandjblog said...

i'm the same way. As long as I burn about 300 - 400 calories in a workout. I'm a happy camper :)

Christy said...

today I did the elliptical. I put both the resistance and incline (or whatever its' called on that machine) to 10. It took me 42 minutes. You aren't going super fast, but I'm trying the whole slower but more resistance to burn more fat - route.

On the treadmill it takes me longer but I walk at 4mph (not running for now) and the incline up to 9. It normally takes me closer to an hour to get to 500 then.

Angie said...

Sadly gym machines are notorious for overcalculating calories. I got a heart rate monitor for Christmas last year and was stunned when I actually burned HALF the calories it said I did! So still a good calorie burn, just not what I was hoping. Try a heart rate monitor if you want a real total- it's completely worth it!!