Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back from the doctor

And I've reached my goal of my first trimester, I maintained! Actually, this morning I was down 2lbs, but I think that has most everything to do with the flu and the fact that I've hardly eaten the past day and a half. But I couldn't have lost more than 2 lbs, so I'm assuming that if I hadn't of had the flu I would have maintained.

I'm quite happy that I did reached my goal - especially over Christmas. I think it has everything to do with going to the gym.

I gained so much weight with Carson and honestly didn't have a great pregnancy (acid reflux, headaches, bloatiness) and I chalk most of that up to my rampant weight gain. I got pregnant right after I lost all my weight and I ate everything I could get my hands on and blamed it on being pregnant. I ate everythign I felt I had deprived myself of over the past 3 years and made up for it (and then some) in those 9 months.

At this point in my pregnancy with Carson I had gained 7 lbs. Reading my blog I said "that's not bad" but seriously - it was. I was in denial since day 1!

So far this pregnancy I have felt wonderful (and that's WITH having morning sickness). I have energy, I'm not tired, no headaches, no acid reflux... it's great. A totally different pregnancy.

Anyways, I'm not turning this into a pregnancy blog but I will probably touch on it every once in a while. And I'm feeling MUCH better, thanks for the wishes.

3 people had this to say:

JavaChick said...

Congratulations and I'm glad to hear that you are feeling great!

Carolyn said...

Congrats! That is fantastic!

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your journey over the next few months!

Marathon Someday said...

good stuff, mama! As my little R would say, "I'm *real* proud!".:)