Friday, June 19, 2009

Starting to feel..

Like I'm ready to have this baby. I'm bloated and swollen. My feet look like surfboards!

If this baby follows in his big brother's footsteps, he would come in 11 days. 11 days.

But other than that, everything is perfect. I haven't been exercising (besides running around all day and night as usual) but I'm OK with that. I feel like I did it for as long as possible and now with the way the baby is sitting, I get somewhat uncomfortable every so often and the amount of walking I do corrolates directly with the number of times I have to make a bathroom stop. So it's just not in the cards for me.

Don't you wish you could be completely UNselfish? I was just reading my sister's pledge page for the cancer for life relay even tonight - she's the keynote speaker. She's survived cancer. TWICE. And on her pledge form she writes about everything else BUT the fact that she's had cancer. She doesn't like talking about her own story and wanting people to feel sorry for what she went through. Its' insane. I remember when she got cancer for the second time and I asked her does she ever wonder "why me" and you know what she said? "I just think, why not me" She said it was better her than a 3 year old, better her that someone with no medical insurance, better her than someone who had young children to look after (this was before she had the twins). She's amazing, and my best friend. I keep hoping that some of her will rub off onto me. I just think that if I went through what she did... TWICE.... that I'd be pretty freaking angry. Anyways, I can't wait to hear her speak tonight, she gives the most moving and powerful speeches ever.

6 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

11 DAYS!!! holy cow!

I love your sister's thoughts... why not me... completely selfless, amazing family you have. I'm going to draw on that idea as I face that new challenge you've already read about. Very different situation but an idea that nonetheless can be applied to so many areas of our lives.

Anger is such an awful thing and a have to believe with anything that is tossed my way in life there is something I must learn from it and move onto that next chapter.

Wish I could hear your sister's speech tonight! :-)

Tiffany said...

That brought tears to my eyes. My husband had cancer at 28 and he's much the same. He also answered "why not me" when I asked why it had to happen to him. No one deserves to get cancer, I guess. But, it's hard when it is someone you love.

Your sister sounds amazing!

Alea said...

11 days, huh? I'm so excited for you guys!

Your sister sounds like a great person! It obviously runs in your family.

Have a good weekend!

Miss Gogo said...

Boy do I know how you are feeling with the bloating....take care of yourself and rest.

You sister sounds like an amazing person. You are lucky to have her.

Is there only one Relay for Life? Just wondering because there was one held almost directly across the street from me last night. In fact when I woke up for 1am and 4am feedings, I could here the music!

Chantal said...

Wow your sister when through all that. And she is still so upbeat. Amazing.

Christy said...

Thank you ladies for all the comments! Tiffany, I do hope that things are good with your husband now, or am I reading too much into "had" cancer?

My sister definitely didn't disappoint with her speech and I couldn't talk to her after it because people (both survivors and people fighting cancer right now) kept coming up to talk to her.

And yes Malinda - anger is such a horrible feeling to have, I know there aer things in my life I need to let go of, it just eats too much of ourselves... I'm still thinking of you :)