Monday, November 16, 2009

Roasted goodness

I still hadn't tried the parsnips I bought last week, so I was looking for a recipe online. Lo and behold I saw a delicious looking recipe for roasted root vegetables. I just happen to have most of the veggies they were looking for: butternut squash, parsnips, sweet potato and carrots.

I peeled, seeded (the squash) and cubed the veggies into bite sized pieces. I threw them all into a big bowl and drizzled EVOO all over them. Sprinkled with salt and pepper and popped them in the oven (@450) for about 45 minutes.

Oh
My
God

Is all I can say. They were delicious. Sweet roasted pieces of heaven.

And you can really only make a lot at a time, because to balance out the size of the butternut squash you need to add about 4 carrots, 2 med sweet potatoes and about 3-4 parsnips. Now I have to figure out what I can make with leftover roasted root vegetables.

2 people had this to say:

Amy said...

told ya so! ;)

They are a wonderful addition to soup as well.

Miss Gogo said...

YUMMY!!! I LOVE roasted root vegetables!