Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I did it

I entered!

Spartan Race


I've always loved physical challenges. I ran a couple of half marathons, I did Ottawa's version of the amazing race, I've done various Boot Camps, and a couple of other little races here and there. Whenever I see someone doing something very physically challenging, I'm always envious. I want to be doing what they are doing. I love pushing myself, doing something I never thought I would be able to, I like seeing what I'm actually capable of.

So when a girl I had met in Jamaica last year set me this link, I knew I had to do it.

As sad as it is to admit this, I too often let my weight interfere with the things I want to do in life. I worry too much what other people will think of me.

This time next year I won't be the weight that I am right now. I will be a smaller healthier happier version of me.

I'm on my way there now, and it's starting to feel really good.

6 people had this to say:

philippa_moore said...

Fantastic!! You're going to rock it!! :)

Amy said...

I'm catching up on your posts.

1) way to go on the race
2) I love your necklace. You are a super mom!
3) I looooooooove your back splash. We're going to be getting our kitchen reno'ed in a couple of months... and adding a new splash is on my list in addition to adding new cabinets. Where did you find such a back splash?

Amy said...

oh.. and I also love that cabinet in your dining room. Like a lot.

Chantal said...

You go girl!

Christy said...

Thanks ladies! I'm nervous, excited and even more excited! Doing this with a whole bunch of people I don't know always scares me - BUT, it's one of those situations after I do it, I'm so happy that I did? Putting myself out there isn't always easy.

Amy - I got the backsplash at Olympia Tiles. I have a few left (they are put up in sheets) that I would be MORE than happy to drop off so you can put it up in the kitchen (lean it against the wall) and see what it does for you :)

Teresa said...

Congrats. All the best.