Wednesday, March 7, 2012

It's all about choices

I was heading out on my lunch hour today, and I was craving a nice tasty chai latte.

I even entered it into myfitnesspal, I had the calories to spare and I was looking forward to it.

I got to the grocery store (Farmboy, my favourite place to shop!) and saw delicious strawberries. And whip cream. And angel food cake. I looked at the calories and quickly figured out that for the SAME number of calories that I just set aside for my latte, I could make tasty strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight (and having dessert with your husband and boys is way more fun than drinking a latte by myself)

I'll take the latter (not the lattE) thank you :)Link
It went up to 14 degrees in Ottawa today. We are a BBQ-all-year-round type of family, but there's something to be said about BBQing on that first day after winter, standing outside sans jacket. And is it just me or does the food taste better when it's cooked in the "spring"?

Another choice I made was to have my burger, without the bun. Instead I topped my burger with sliced avocado, salsa, and greek yogurt. And it was WAY better than a stinking old hamburger bun!

And with that? I finished the day 200 calories under my goal.

Win!


3 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Yummm! I was out walking during the supper hour last night and all I could smell was BBQ meat. Drooling all the way home. Boo for the rain on the way today.

Chantal said...

I have yet to manage to finish under goal unless I exercise. Do you? Or do you exercise daily?

Christy said...

I have been exercising daily, part of it is because I do have a hard time sticking to my calorie goal. I've actually tried writing a post about how many calories you need (BMR, TDEE...) check out the group "Eat more to weigh less" and it all kind of makes sense...