Monday, March 5, 2012

Spin-o-rama

This afternoon, my workplace is having a spinning class. One of the girls I work with is a spin-aholic, and her instructor offered to do a class for anyone at her work who wanted to join. Even if we weren't members of the gym - how awesome is that?

Our boss-boss is an avid cyclist (just back from a 2 week vacation in Hawaii to cycle), so he jumped on board, and apparently so did 31 others. Myself included.

Any opportunity to workout, I'm all over it.

This is the Christy-you're-so-weird part. I go to the gym often. Part of going to the gym requires you to get changed and showered. I do so, without much hesitation - in the women's locker room. I don't walk around flaunting my extra 50 lbs of weight, but I have it down to a science - how to strategically place towel - put my pants on first, then my top, turn around and face lockers while putting my bra on... and voila - I haven't bared too much.

All this to say, I don't mind doing it in front of people I don't know. But I'm feeling a little anxious about doing the same in front of people I work with every day! I think I'm going to be a nerd and change at work before going, and then come back to shower/change at work again.

I know, nerd.

2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

I would feel the same way, depending on who was going :)

Teresa said...

Hope it was fun all the same.