Tuesday, June 26, 2007

14 weeks and counting

A bit of background:

I've just signed up for my third half marathon. The last one I ran was in 2005. I was pregnant last summer, so no halfs for me.

My first, I ran in 2:04. My second in 2:14 (it was super hot and I was drinking way more than I normally do on my run) which kind of sucked because my training had been going so well, I thought I was easily going to clear 2 hours. But that's the way the ball rolls I suppose.

I gained quite a bit of weight when I was pregnant (upwards of 60 lbs) and still have about 30 lbs to lose (and another 10 would be nice).

I've been running while pushing Carson in his stroller for about 2 months, 3 or 4 times a week. The other days I've been power walking. So while I wouldn't say I'm out of shape, saying I'm in shape would be a lie.

I've been running about 7-8km 4 times a week with a pace of about 7:20 min/km.

I signed up for the half on October 7th so I have 14 weeks to go. I started Week 3 of the RR training program this week. My long run (7k) I did yesterday, with Carson, and finished in 50:24. This morning I ran 4k at 6:14min/km (average).

I'm going to use this blog as a tracking mechanism to record the distance, pace and how I feel after each run.

NB: I need to buy a new pair of shoes. Mine are about 3 years old, I ran the 2005 half in them. Of course my favourite shoes are one of the most expensive pairs of Mizuno's, but I love them and will buy them again. Mizuno Wave Creation 8 it looks like. I may go to the RR and try on the size (my feet have grown slightly since being pregnant) and then see if I can find them online anywhere cheaper.

4 people had this to say:

Amy said...

YAY! I'm the first to comment on your running blog... :)

Check out Vector Cereal boxes in the grocery store... there might be some left that have a 20% off coupon on them.

Marathon Someday said...

Does zappos deliver to Canada? Check them out....

And do feet really grow bigger after pregnancy? That would explain an awful lot with my shoes feeling snug...

desajair said...

woot, go Christy!

Christy said...

Ooohhh I'm going to check out Vector and Zappos???

It depends on the shoe, but some of my old size 8's don't fit me anymore. I used to wear an 8 Rockport shoe and now I'm an 8.5.

I had alot of cute shoes too. Boo.