Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It's now or never

It's like 40 degrees out there, I haven't gone for my 3km scheduled run and it's 8pm - but I think I have to do it. No, I KNOW I have to do it.

Went out to the Keg last night for Peter's birthday, I (obviously) ate too much so now I have to make sure I run.

I spent the day in the pool and running around while Carson took a nap at Grandma's house, so it's time for me to lace up and get out there. I had to come post this, because I could have easily not gone running and not said anything about it but I'm here to confess my thoughts, my feelings and my accomplishments.

So here goes - ask me tomorrow if I got out or not :)

Edit:
Distance: 3km
Pace: 6.09 min/km
Time: 18: 27
It was hot, and I'm still just getting used to running sans Carson. I thought I would fly like the wind (grin) but it's taking some time to get used to. I found a great 3k track though. I felt like a whale running, I hate running in front of tons of people but I can't hide forever. I'm wearing my running clothes that I was wearing before I got pregnant (not all of them, but some of the bigger/looser stuff). Must put new music on my ipod. If anyone knows of any good free podcasts for running, I'd love to hear about it!

Now a shower, water the garden and go to bed.

1 people had this to say:

Marathon Someday said...

Darn, I was supposed to look up some podcasts for you!

Check this out, in the meantime - there are a bunch of distances you can download:

http://www.podcasts.ullreys.net/

Great work on getting out there in this insane weather! Yay!