Monday, July 16, 2007

Doing it.

That's it, I've committed to doing it.
I knew I wanted to.
I've started training for it.
I know I can do it.
I have a good 2.5 months left to train for it.
I've done it before (twice actually!)

I don't know if I can beat my best time (2:04) but I know I can run 21k. Hell, I ran 20K in 2:00 when I was 7 weeks pregnant! (Heh, I know lots of women run much further into their pregnancy then I did, but it's still an accomplishment to me).

I'm signing up, I'm doing it. (I would be able to say I signed up if I was able to log onto the site right now)

It took reading a friend's blog to know I had to commit now or else it would be too easy to chicken out at the end (Thanks Tarrah!)

Having said all that, I'm still eating too much (I love being at the cottage but the food situation is always hard) but I'm sticking to my guns about running. Today is my day off but when Carson wakes up, him and I are going to go for a long walk.

2 people had this to say:

Marathon Someday said...

Did you really run 20K when you were a few weeks pregnant? Holy smokes, woman - you are amazing!!!!!

desajair said...

Hey--your welcome! Ummm, what was it I said again? LOL... Can't wait to see you on the other side of the finish line. 8) Save a yogurt and a bottle of water for me eh?