Thursday, August 30, 2007

New foods

I'm sitting here eating a high fibre waffle, covered in cottage cheese with strawberries and blueberries. And honestly? It's fantastic. I crave good foods now, I would much rather have this then eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast. And I'm not just saying that. Before, I used to say "Oh this is SO much better then something not healthy" and I really didn't mean it. I just thought I was supposed to say it, being on weight watchers and all. But now, I finally mean it.

This summer I've started to eat things I didn't eat before. Some of them I thought I didn't like, and maybe I just gave some things a second chance and realized I liked them.

Blueberries (I would pick them out of things so I didn't accidentally eat one)
Avacado (I love guacomole but that was the only way I would eat avacadoes, now I eat them on sandwiches and salads)
Watermelon (my mom got sick on watermelon when she was young, I think that stuck with me and I thought I didn't like them)
Tomatoes (I like spaghetti sauce, bruschetta, but I would never eat just a raw tomatoe but now those grape tomatoes, I cover my salad with them and they are delicious)
Mushrooms (still won't eat them raw but I love them grilled or sauteed)

I know there are a few others but I can't think of them right now, I'll add them later.

1 people had this to say:

marie said...

high fibre waffles and cottage cheese is totally my breakfast. i ran out of waffles today and i am not a happy girl!!