Sunday, September 2, 2007

Still at it

And still feeling on top of the world. I don't know what's come over me this time but I am finding this amazing motivation and willpower. I don't even want to eat my flex points this week, I didn't even think about them until yesterday and it hasn't come up yet where I felt I needed to use them. And, as opposed to the past where I would eat just because I still had extra points, if I'm not hungry, I simply won't use them. It's funny, I remember other people saying - I just couldn't eat all my points.. And me, who always went over my points like mad each week just never understood it. And I thought they were lying. But now here I am.

I always tried to replace foods that I loved with a newer, low-fat version of them. But it just never quite cut it. I think the reason that I'm so successfull right now is that I'm trying new foods, not trying to replace one thing with another. I'm eating foods I never ate before. And they aren't packaged as low-fat, 100 calories only blah blah blah. I KNOW that it works for some people out there, for me I just felt like I was still missing out. This way, I'm eating foods the way they should be eaten, they aren't processed beyond recognition and things aren't being stripped out of them. If I want a piece of chocolate, I have a small piece of it, I savour every bite or nibble and then I'm finished with it. I don't crave more. I've had my piece and now I'm done.

And the best part? I'm telling you, the less I eat sweets, the less I want them. The less I eat foods that are bad for me, the less I want them. My body feels SO good these days, I dont' want to put anything into it that isn't good for it. I peeked at the scale and it says 168.8, however I was sick the last few days and came up short in points two days in a row (which has NEVER happened to be before). And on both those days at least 5 points was spent on OJ (I forgot how much I loved it, I always used to hate wasting calories on drinks)

A quick note about points. WW doesn't work for everyone, it wasn't exactly working for me when I was working out alot. I blame that on simply wasn't eating enough. I do like the idea of journalling, it helps me stay on track and see what I've eaten and I can easily glance back at the week and see how it went. I'm tracking points for now, just to get my portions and high calorie foods in check in order to maintain a healthy diet, but honestly with what I've been eating lately, I know I'll be able to keep it up even if I decide to stop counting points. It's a tool I need to start off on the right foot.

0 people had this to say: