Sunday, September 2, 2007

Two things that have almost nothing to do with each other...

1. I'm a loser with a capital L. And no, not in that cute "Oh I lost weight this week so I'm a LOSEr" kind of a way. The way that I used to say in when I was in highschool. Tonight I had my first "binge" in the past 6 weeks!. We went to Carrie and Rob's today for a BBQ with everyone for lunch and I ate a hotdog, hamburger (bun with both) a handful of chips with salsa, a couple of slices of baguette with artichoke/asiago dip and then a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. Now, I did only take one serving of each and didn't go back for more (yay for me), but it set me back 29-30 points. This was at about 1-2ish. Tonight, Jeff just left to go play poker with the guys, I wasn't hungry for dinnner so I had: a popsicle (2), popcorn (2), All Bran bites (1) and a small tsp (seriously, that's all) of peanut butter (1). I was still awesome! I'm only 15 points into my flex (I knew they would come in handy!). See? I was all cocky this morning, then karma caught up with me and said - don't forget it's still tough. There will be hard days. But I got through it, the best I've ever gotten through such a binge within my allotted points. So I'm enjoying having learnt my lesson saying "It's so easy!"

2. I like having a blog. I've always liked getting my feelings down, I find it therapeutic, and the computer is the absolute easiest place to store them. (I've caught myself wondering what people who read think would think of me if I ate that whole chocolate bar, and it's made me get through the craving!)

Almost as much as I like having a blog, I love reading other blogs. I recently finally added a bunch of wonderful blogs to my favourites, and I love reading them. I think that's maybe another reason why I'm so successful this time around. Knowing there are others going through it. Sure they may have more/less weight to lose then me but it's all the same road. And it's just knowing you have friends along the way.

Jeff's gone, I am drinking one more glass of water and then going up to bed. Nite!

2 people had this to say:

Kristen said...

Its crazy how quick everything adds up eh? I wouldn't call that a binge - maybe a bit more than you needed, but not a binge...

We had pancakes for breakfast this morning....glad I checked the NI on the syrup before I did a free pour...180 cals for 3 tbsp...eeek!

Amy said...

Blogging is something I'm sooo glad I started to do... and ironically it was reading your blog that got me started!