Tuesday, September 4, 2007

On a quest

To becoming an organic household. Not fully or completely, but to the best of my abilities. I'm really serious about this, and the more I read/ask/research about the organic lifestyle, the more I know that it's what I want for me, and my family.

It's going to take time, but I know what items I'm going to start buying organic (apples, peaches, nectarines, strawberries, spinach, peppers, potatoes - thanks Sonya!) and then go from there. It's also hard because there isn't a ton of places near me that offer organic items. Alot of places are more in the city which isn't totally convenient for me, and although I am willing to work a little harder to get what I want, it always isn't in the cards. So I need to find somewhere close to me. There are a few delivery services or organic produce that I'm looking into, but I'm not sure (yet) if they are going to be the answer.

I would love to set up a community organic group of some sort where we can share ideas, tips, recipes, etc... together. I'll have to see what kind of time I have available and go from there. It's all very exciting though!

0 people had this to say: