Monday, December 31, 2007

I thought

I had been "cured". I didn't think binging was part of my vocabulary or personality anymore.

But the feeling of being full in the morning when I wake up is proof that my journey isn't over, that while I may be strong, sometimes I may still lose the fight.

And while I'm still not depressed over it, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't tackle the whole holiday season better then I did. But, what did my holiday season mean to me?

It means I have wonderful friends who open their homes to us and want to share the holidays with us.
It means I have the best family ever, and we love spending time together.
It means my son had a great Christmas and made lots of new friends.
It means I have a rich life, filled with everything I need to be the person I want to be, the wife I want to be and the mother I want to be.

And that my friends is what defines ME, not some damn number on the scale.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's Eve!

1 people had this to say:

Marathon Someday said...

Awww - Christy, thanks so much for your comment on my blog this morning. It means the world! YOU are such an inspiration to me.

I just wanted to comment here as well. So what if you indulged over the holidays? If you can't enjoy yourself over the Christmas Holidays, then WHEN can you? Seriously. It's a time to rejoice, relax, and eat. Once you're back to your normal routine, things will take care of themselves. Don't beat yourself up, or feel guilty. Think to yourself, "I enjoyed that chocolate - it was delicious!", and "I haven't had salt and vinegar chips in ages, yum!" - because it's not like you're going to be eating that everyday. So savour, enjoy, and move on!

You kick ass.