Friday, December 28, 2007

Once again, thank you.

So I was feeling a little down this morning when I didn't feel good in my clothes and I was remembering the piece of apple caramel cheesecake that somehow found it's way into my mouth last night. I hadn't been paying attention to what I've been eating since the 22nd. Yesterday I was great up until the cheesecake fiasco.

But - I came into work (it's so dead, so I don't feel guilty playing on the internet) and started reading some blogs and feel fabulous!

It all started with Stephanie at Greek Tragedy explaining why it's no shock that everyone goes into a depression about their weight after the holidays because everywhere you turn there is a commercial about joining the gym, lose weight now, etc..... and we shouldn't beat ourselves up if we spend the day in bed watching movies instead of at the gym. She explains it MUCH better then me though :) My favourite line from her post was "learn to care less about the things you really shouldn't care so much about."

Then I read Roni's post about how the scale will not send her into a dark depression and Pasta Queen's love of food and how she's going to enjoy the indulging over the holidays knowing that she can get right back into it and lose whatever she's put on.

I wish I could write half as well as these ladies do. I wish I could write all these motivational and inspirational posts to have that affect on other people the way they do on me. Because I'm so thankful to know that I'm not the only one feeling this way. And without knowing it, they've helped me kick myself out of this funk and celebrate the holidays, look back fondly on everything I did, everyone I talked to, all the music I listened to, sang to, all the yummy treats and wonderful company! And not to feel miserable and only harp on the few extra pounds I'm carrying now. I know how to lose it, so why am I so worried? Well, I'm not anymore. Which makes me happy.

2 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the post! I needed to read this today. I think we are all in the same boat but why stress out about it? In a few weeks (most likley sooner) these extra pounds will be history and in a few months, we won't even remember them. So why do we get so stressed out? Who knows. Funny thing is...this time I jumped on the scale an dI saw a really high number but honestly...my clothes don't feel that different and I don't feel like I've gained that much weight so I think a lot of it is probably just water retention. A week back OP and at the gym will shed those extra pounds in no time flat.

FatMom said...

I've found you inspirational! You're doing great!