Monday, December 10, 2007

Patooey

These clementines have seeds in them! Also, I hate the smell and feel of hands after eating clementines.

What a negative way to start my post. My bad.

1/ I am LOVING my job so far. I know it's only been a week, but I've been thrown right into it and to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. Taking time to learn things is only a waste of time, I always enjoy it more when I learn as I go. And I'm careful enough not to make mistakes.

2/ So far I love my new wardrobe. I've lost weight since I bought the clothes, and knowing that was my "plan" I bought things a little tight - and now? Almost loose :) But I won't get small enough so they will be big on me.

3/ My life is SUPER busy now. I was busy when I was simply working. Then, I was busy when I was on maternity leave with my son. Now? Being a mom AND working - wowsa. Life is busy. But in a good way. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love work and I love my home life, does it get any better then this?

4/ My Christmas shopping is DONE and my Christmas cards only need 4 more addresses that I am expecting tonight (and maybe they all have a picture of Santa with Carson in them). I need to get a few pictures printed to send to grandparents and great grandparents, plus I need to ship one package that's already done up and ready to go and then I am done. Yay!

5/ On Wednesday, I am off to lunch with the girls I used to work before I went on mat leave and then Wednesday night I'm off to dinner at the Keg with the girls I used to work with in the private sector. I didn't realize until I wrote it down that both meals were with ex co-workers. Funny. I'm looking forward to both.

6/ Eating is going so-so, but I'm not worried, stressed or obsessed. It's a great feeling! While losing another 10 lbs would be super fun, my whole wardrobe fits and I'm in no rush to go shopping again.

7/ Now off to snuggle on the couch with my husband and watch Dexter (my fave show right now) and then off to bed and start again at 5am!

2 people had this to say:

Julie said...

Hey Christy, I'm glad you are loving the new job and that all is settling into a good place for you. Balance is key and you seem to really be mastering it. Congrats on everything, especially those clothes being "almost loose" :-) Awesome! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your progress is fantastic. You look great!