Thursday, December 13, 2007

Journalling

I'm going to start journalling again this week. I've lost almost 5 lbs since I stopped journalling (a couple weeks ago) and this week I stayed the same (which I'm not surprised about, actually, quite happy with!) so in order to meet my Christmas goal (of 150), I figure I will journal again this week and make sure I stay within my points and hopefully the scale will go down a little more.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely happy where I am now. My clothes fit, I feel good, I look good (or so I've been told countless times), I'm happy (not obsessing) and all around feeling on top of the world. BUT (there's always a but isn't there?) in my mind I would still love to reach the initial goal I set out for myself. I'm sure once I fit exercising back into my life, I'll drop a few more but until then I'd like to control my eating through journalling and counting points and see if I can get there before Christmas.

Definitely NOT a good time to start - with 6 potlucks at work (i interact with so many different departments we are invited to everyone's office party) and a few outside work it's going to be tough. But I will do what I can, not freak out, enjoy myself but not go overboard. It's definitely a fine line.

Anyways, wish me luck and while dropping a few sticks of butter would be great, if I come out of the whole holiday season still being able to button up my now-skinny pants, I'll be smiling.

Breakfast: Raisin Bran + milk = 5
Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken = 4
Supper: Gnocchi and homemade sauce = 9
Snack: Cookie = 1
Total = 19

1 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

Amen on the Potlucks! We have one every single day at work starting yesterday and goin strong until December 21. Each Dept takes a turn filling the Christmas Buffet. Yikes.
As long as I can stay where I am, I'll work on dropping these last 5 pounds in January!