Thursday, March 20, 2008

Chicken and Greens Stiryfry

As part of my promise to try a new recipe each week, the plan for last night was a chicken and greens stirfry recipe from my Chatelaine magazine. This was the basis behind buying bok choy this week. I guess when I had gone to Farmboy this past weekend I was kind of forgetting the fact that we are leaving for a 4 day weekend in Toronto, so I had way too many veggies left. So rather than only bok choy and spinach as the veggie part of this dish, I added red peppers, mushrooms, onions and zucchini. The result? DELISH. I served it over rice noodles (I had about 1/2 cup rice noodles, the spinach and bok choy made the stir fry thick, so no real need for the pasta or rice portion)

note: dinner was supposed to be burgers, but I knew there would be leftovers from this stirfry, and leftovers that need to be reheated are sure to be eaten when we're at work or at home the next day, not on the road!

3 people had this to say:

marie said...

You're coming to Tdot? What for? to see me? :D

Christy said...

Hehe - we're visiting family for the Easter weekend. I was hoping to squeeze in some shopping time (cough cough, H&M) but it doesn't look so hopeful for me.

aandjblog said...

It feels like everyone is going to Toronto this weekend! Even me!!

Bok Choy is amazing! I hope your stir-fry was good.