Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Of importance

(at least to me)

Did I mention that my hairdresser told me that I'm overwashing my hair? That I should only wash it at least every second day? Well, I always washed it every day. If I didn't wash it in the morning by the end of the day I felt greasy. Apparently the rationale goes something like this - if you wash your hair every day, your scalp thinks it's dry and therefore overproduces it's natural oils.

Since I got my hair cut, I've been washing it every second morning and true enough, I'm not as greasy anymore - and I quite like my hair the second day rather than the first!

The chocolate bar last night? 10 points! Wowsa! No wonder it was soooooooooooooo good. But I got my fix in. We're headed to Toronto for the weekend so while it will be a weekend of staying with family and not completely in control of what I eat, Jeff's brother and his wife eat very well so I'm not at all worried. When we stay with my side of the family? I'm a bit nervous (the Walkers love their food and drink!) but I think I'm in the right frame of mind to be dealing with it right now :)

4 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

totally get the hair thing. I don't wash mine everyday either. It really is better for your hair. I usually wash (shampoo/conditioner) then next day don't wash, then third day I just use conditioner cause my curls need the moisture. And on the weekend its ponytail time! Unless my husband tells me to wash it LOL

husband:"are you going to put a hat on?"

me: "wasn't going to"

husband: "I think you need a hat!" LOL

Have a great weekend in the big TO!

Carolyn said...

I've heard that so many times. That I should be washing my hair every second day. I just don't think I can do it. It feels so greasy on the second day. Hmmm.....you'll have to let me know how you make out with it after a while.

Mmmmm Chocolate bars!

eurydice said...

i wash my hair every day as well. i've tried and tried not to, but it feels so gross by day two. a few times i have waited 2-4 days (camping and stuff) and my hair has never felt softer and more luxurious after a wash haha. it just gets so sweaty when i work out - how do you deal with that?

Christy said...

Heh, I deal with that by not working out :) I haven't been to the gym since I got my haircut! My stylist said you can rinse your hair and put a bit of conditioner in the ends - but I haven't tried that out since. That was the first thing that came to my mind when she talked about washing it every two days or so. I'll let you know how it goes the next time I deal with the gym (which, should be noted, will happen this week)