Monday, March 17, 2008

So nice!

It's St. Patty's Day. So of course, I'm wearing green.

This woman who I work with just spent the last 5 minutes telling me how beautiful I am. She said the green I'm wearing looks wonderful on me and it makes my eyes stand out and how my skin looks so radiant and she just kept going on.

I'm not wonderful at accepting compliments but I think I did an OK job.

I got my make up done for a wedding this past summer and the woman was quite adamant that I should always wear brown/gold/bronze on my eyes because it makes them much more blue. I've been trying to do that more and more, so maybe that had something to do with it today?

Also, my face is red and blotchy. It always is. I have rosacea so I'm always on the pinkish side. I'm trying to find the perfect foundation, primer, whatever it takes to take away the red. The latest product I tried was Smashbox primer (the green one, to take away redness) and it seems to work for the most part. I'm almost at the end of the bottle so I'm looking at my choices... anyone in the same predicament as moi?

2 people had this to say:

Unknown said...

Doesn't it just make your day when someone goes above and beyond about how wonderful you look!

Love your blog! Been reading it for a while.

How is your running coming along?

Christy said...

Oh! Actually, it's not coming along. I haven't started yet.

But, even though it may have not been intended this way, I will take your question as the kick in teh butt I need to get my arse in gear. I've turned into a wimp in the winter and now that most of the snow on the bigger streets in my neighbourhood are plowed, I have no excuse not to run.

(nice to meet you too!)