Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm such a loser

a) for blogging too much (can you tell work is quiet these days?)

b) my stomach is all in knots because I'm playing v-ball at lunch and I only know one person on the team, the rest of them work in different buildings. I'm weird when it comes to meeting new people, I'm super shy and awkward. So, add having to play volleyball to the mix and I'm nervous as heck.

Update: why do I never learn my lesson? I get myself all worked up about these types of things and it's NEVER as bad as I anticipate it to be. I felt comfortable after about 2 minutes, met some really nice people, showed off my mad volleyball skills (ha!), had a few laughs, and got some exercise in. I can't wait for my next game.

3 people had this to say:

JavaChick said...

I am terrible about meeting new people. Extremely shy, tend to clam up, takes me forever to get to know people. Walking into a situation like that would terrify me - I doubt I would voluntarily do it. Good for you!

Fatinah said...

I dread meeting new people - I'm really glad it worked out for you. Good for you for taking the chance. Personal growth and exercise all wrapped up in one!

Alea said...

Hey Christy, I'm trying again today... HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a wonderful day and got spoilt rotten! After all, you deserve no less... right? :)