Thursday, May 15, 2008

Looking for a recipe...

Hopefully this weekend I can make it to Chapters and write out this recipe (we're really trying to stick to a budget these days and buying the book is not within said budget right now) from Eat, Drink and Be Vegan.

Goddess Garbanzos!

I've goggled it and although I can't find the recipe (people are good about that, not writing the recipes where anyone can get them), it looks like it has the following ingredients: garbanzos, tahini, Vegenaise, lemon juice, celery. I've never used garbanzos OR tahini before so I need to find the exact measurements. And, where in the grocery store do you find tahini? It's a paste, isn't it? And garbanzos, I assume I would buy the canned ones? The only dry beans I've bought are the "soup mix" kind, and I let them sit in water over night and just threw them into my soup. Is that how you work with dry beans - just let them sit in water over night? I'd rather buy them that way then in a can but am always intimidated by them. Any tips would be appreciated.

I'm not looking to go Vegan (as I've said before, my husband would divorce me in a heartbeat) but I do love vegetarian and vegan food. So maybe for now I'll have to stick to these recipes for lunch and that's fine by me.

This morning I woke up feeling great about myself.
-I've been eating super healthy (and it's not a chore, I don't have to put too much thought, it's finally starting to come to me easily)
-I've been walking like a mad woman, I take Carson in his stroller/wagon/walking and we just go all around the neighbourhood, all the time
-had a kick ass core class last night (the instructor said I have amazing abs, which is funny because when I first started the class the original instructor said my transvers abs don't work. I didn't agree, but sometimes it takes me a while to figure out an exercise and exactly how to work my abs. I found she wasn't great at explaining what she wanted me to do)
-had a great sleep
-packed a great lunch
-playing volleyball at lunch

I feel my life is perfectly balanced. I feel like I'm being the best mom I can be, I feel I'm being a great wife, a good housekeeper, doing great at my job, taking care of myself.... I just feel like I'm on top of my game. And it's a good feeling.

4 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

I'm having one of those days too...where everything just seems right with the world! Soak it up!
You ARE great at all of those things!

Carolyn said...

Your comment on my blog just totally made my whole day, seriously! THANK YOU!!

JavaChick said...

I just ordered that book from amazon! My husband is the same - freaks out whenever I utter the word "Vegetarian" so I usually do vegetarian things for my lunches.

Garbanzo beans/chickpeas - I usually buy canned, but I think you are right, you would probably soak them.

Tahini (sesame seed paste) - check near the peanut butter or the health food section of grocery store.

Mona said...

Christy - I can e-mail you the recipe! Let me know.