Friday, May 9, 2008

Lying in bed

Last night, I was thinking about my post and the negative spin I had. You know what though? I'm darn proud of myself. I was thinking about the way I eat & live these days is 1000% times more healthy then I did 5 years ago.

1 - I haven't eaten fast food since Carson was born (there was a brief 2 week stint after I had him where I had McDonalds like 5 times but it had been about 2 years before that)

2 - Before if we didn't have anything planned for dinner, I would use it as the perfect excuse to pick something up, to order something in... now we just take anything from the house (soup, leftovers...) instead of getting something "bad"

3 - I used to look forward to WI days so I could eat something bad that day, not anymore

4 - Even out at restaurants I make the healthiest choices I can instead of using it as an excuse to order something with a side of fries, a drink, and a dessert

I guess once I write it out, it isn't as big of an earth shattering revelation as it was to me last night in bed, but it's huge. I feel wonderful about how I've changed. Even if I have slip-ups here and there, overall I'm doing OK. And really, they aren't slip-ups, that's life. I'm going to be more snacky a day here and there, I'm going to have a piece of cake, I'm going to go out for dinner. I guess it's just the balance. And I'm finally learning that.

So no worries, I'm still on top of my game. Today is my grandma's memorial (my family doesn't do funerals, we don't like seeing dead people) and I'm getting Jeff to pick me up Subway before the reception so I don't nibble on everything in site. Also, it's only really my mom, my sister and I left in that side of the family so I'll be talking to everyone most of the time anyways, so not lots of time to eat.

1 people had this to say:

Fatinah said...

great post - we all need to have one like this - good that you're able to see how far you've come.