Thursday, May 8, 2008

Maybe seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

I can't wait for this week to be over. Slowly but surely I'm plowing my way through it. I failed this afternoon. Despite our house being full of breads, loafs and muffins, I lost it this afternoon and had a chocolate chip muffin, a handful of tortilla chips, salsa and 1/2 a homemade french biscuit. I'm disgusted with myself. I didn't even want it. My stomach hurts because of it. I thought I had it all figured out. I know I shouldn't be hard on myself, I know I've had a hard week, but still... I hate having excuses. I should know better. End of story. YES there were lots of successes this week (more than downfalls) but still, it's always easier to focus on the times you screw up rather than the times you succeed.

Today's Eats:
B - raisin bran (5)
L - corn on the cob (2), half a chicken sandwich (2)
S - chocolate chip muffin (6), biscuit (2), tortillas (4), salsa (0)
D - half of a pork chop (3), roasted mushrooms (0), roasted asparagus (1), green beans (0)
Total: 25 (flex = 39)

I got my haircut on Monday. I didn't love it. It wasn't as drastic as I had hoped. I hate boring haircuts. I wanted more of a slope from the back to the front and I didn't get it. Normally I would let it slide, but damnit if I pay good money to get my haircut, I want it done the way I asked. So I called her and am going back tomorrow morning at 10. I actually surprised myself by calling her and saying I wanted her to fix it... but proud! I'm normally too shy and hate to be a pain/bother.

I got a great new purse at Winners today. It's the final installment of my shopping this week. I didn't get too into what I bought... but....
Pair of gorgeus summer straight leg pants
12 work appropriate shirts
One wickedly cool coverup (my parents have a pool so wbe are often poolside during the summer)
new pair of sandals
necklace
earrings
two summer sweaters
spanx! (my first pair)
sunglasses

And my wardrobe is now complete. I'll take some pictures in the near future when I start to wear some of the stuff.

0 people had this to say: