Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Retail Therapy...

There's nothing like it. It's not a secret it's been a nasty week for me, and after last night I needed a day off. For myself. So my mom and I headed out to the mall, and she bought me a whole new wardrobe. I didn't want her to, but she said it's a mother's joy in life to take stress out of their child's life (I was stressed that no clothes fit me....) and she was happy to do it. She needed to get out too, away from making arrangements, dealing with funeral parlours, people calling with their condolences and everything that comes with your mother dying. So it was great for the both of us. I also got a beautiful swarski (spelling?) necklace and earrings for an early Mother's Day present.

Eating is STILL going well. I'm starting to impress myself actually. We ordered Italian food last night and while everyone else feasted on lasagna, caesar salad, calamari, fried zucchini and different kinds of pizza, I ate roasted veggies and chicken. Then I let myself have one piece of lemon poppyseed cake that someone brought over to my mom when my grandma passed.

Today's Eats:
B - 1/2 c cottage cheese, pineapple, strawberries and blueberries (3)
L - panini (1/2 spinach and chicken, 1/2 marinated veggies) (8)
S- chai latte (2)
D - 2 pcs rye toast (4), soup (6)
Total = 23 (flex = 35)

Tonight I'm at my mom's (where I'm posting from) to help write my grandma's eulogy and then off to core class.

1 people had this to say:

Amy said...

You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow Christy.

xo