Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ready, set, go!

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. - Lou Holtz

Gym bag is packed - oh goodness the complications! I figure I'll have to shower afterwards so I packed my towel, shampoo, flipflops (I hate shower floors), hair dryer, face wash (yikes, forgot soap! good thing there's a pharmacy across the street), deodorant and make up (yikes, forgot my brush too!)

I look quite silly going to work now with my purse (it's a big oversized slouch thing), lunch bag and gym bag. So I'm going to sort out what I can leave at work in terms of the gym. I think I'll buy a small hairdryer to leave here, my make up I can leave (I have enough of everything to leave stuff here), shampoo etc... so all I'll have to carry back and forth are my actual clothes (even my shoes I can leave here).

I have to make this as easy as possible or else I just won't go. I'm happy I only signed up for a month, so there's not a ton of pressure. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work and I will just have to figure out when to get my exercise in outside of work. Having said that, trust me, I'm doing my damndest to make sure it works.

2 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

You can totally make this work. Just think that there are probably thousands of other women/mom's that make it work every single day, some may even have it harder than you do. That thought always seems to get my butt moving!

Christy said...

VERY good point!!!