Friday, July 11, 2008

Pictures and interview update

Just really hair pictures - I normally blowdry my hair straight (and straighten it, doesn't take long, my hair is short) but with this humidity, I gave up and just let it go au natural, which is rather quite curly. Especially in the summer.



The interview went well. I'm not a BS'er, so whenever questions would come up about experience that I didn't have, I was completely honest. I would try and relate it to something I DO have experience in, but sometimes I couldn't even tie it to that. And seeing as it's a new classification, there is a big part of the job that I don't have experience in! But, I got along well with the two women who were interviewing me. Both were recently back from maternity leave, so that immediately bonded us.

They are interviewing 21 people for 7 positions. I don't know the background of the other candidates, so I'm not sure what my chances are. It's in a Directorate that isn't exactly where I want to be, and a bit further away from the science field then I had wanted. I suppose it's more of a job for the experience I would get from being there. Very transferrable skills and skills that in high demand. It would be a good step for me, I just don't know if the field will keep me motivated and interested. They are staffing the 7 people in 7 different divisions, so I voice dmy concerns about wanting to stay as close as possible to the scientific field, and there is one division that would be great, but it depends if any other candidate would be a better match.

So, I will wait. It's not a job I really really really want, as well as I have other concerns that I wrote about yesterday, so I won't be too upset if I don't it (once I get past the whole rejection thing).

I know their interviews end next week, so I don't know how much longer after that they would be letting the successful candidates know....

One of the ladies interviewing me looked familiar so after I asked a few job related questions, I asked her where she grew up and turns out we went to elementary school together (grade 1 to 4). So after the interview we talked for about 1/2 hour about people we both knew, where she lives (in a place we are considering) and the commute to work, and our kids... so at least I have a connection to her, maybe that will mean something if it came down to me and someone else.... who knows!

2 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

Love your hair that way!! You look so great Christy!!!

I figure the interview experience is always a good one wanted or not. It will be interesting to see what unfolds. You'll know what to do.

Have a great weekend!!!!

Anne said...

I just wanted to say that you look adorable!