Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 2

And I'm still feeling very much encouraged. I'm being honest when I say the main reasons I want to get back down to my regular weight is first and foremost for health reasons. This changed drastically once I had Carson, before that it was all about how I looked. Now it's about how I feel and how healthy I am, as a mother.

Plus, with reading the Beck Diet solution I'm VERY hopeful that this is what I've been looking for. I know HOW to lose weight, I just don't know how to keep it off. I can't get out of the "this is a diet, once I lose the weight I can eat like normal again" frame of mind. And I have to. This is a 6 week psychological program that teaches you, as they say, how to think like a thin person. I need to get away from my self-sabotaging thoughts. I use every excuse under the sun to overeat. It's a party! It's the summer! It's my birthday! I'm sad! I'm happy! You name it, and I've probably said it. I really want to get to the bottom of my issues and say byebye forever.

Whoa, I totally went off on a tangent there. I was going to say...BUT - a very strong second reason is fitting into my clothes! I'm about 8 lbs up from where I was last winter and with the cool weather this morning it was a reminder that my summer clothes will be packed away shortly and I'll be back into fall/winter clothes that I DON"T FIT INTO. Well, I suppose I haven't tried them on yet. But my regular summer clothes are feeling a bit tight so I can only imagine how my winter ones will feel.



I'm not taking shortcuts, I'm following this book word by word, line by line. Because what do I have lose? It's 6 weeks and if it works..... it will be worth it's weight in gold.

1 people had this to say:

JavaChick said...

I really felt like I was doing better when I was reading my Beck Diet section every day. Since the long weekend I've lost my momentum and I need to get back in that habit...I really think it was helping.