Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back early from conference

The conference wasn't exactly suited for me, so I decided to come back to work instead of staying there.

And I was stellar at the conference lunch, and had 4 pieces of sushi (the little bite size pieces) and about 1/2 cup of a beanish looking salad. Plus a chai latte with soy (my guilty pleasure).

There was a Starbucks next door and I had a gift card (that I've had in my wallet for almost 2 years now) that I figured I should use. It definitely wasn't as good as the place behind my house.

Then last night, because I had the chai latte, rather than the pasta that the rest of the family was having, I just ate a one egg (plus 1/4 cup egg white) omlette with roasted red peppers, onions and a sprinkle of feta cheese. I had the green verde salsa to dip it into and it was delicious.

I'm normally not a huge egg lover, but the past two nights I've had eggs for dinner (I maybe have eggs once a month) - so maybe it's one of those things that my body was craving it because it needed it?

In other news, last night Lisa, Carson and I went for a 55 minute power walk! We normally wait until Carson goes to bed, but it looked like rain so we headed out early. I asked Carson if he wanted to go for a walk in the stroller and he said yes. He quite loves Lisa so he was happy to come along. So a 7K run in the morning, a 5-ish K walk at night.... needless to say my arse and legs are a tad sore today, so will resume exercise tomorrow.

I really need to start again with the strength training. I've had the DVDs for PX90 sitting on a shelf on our desk for so long. I talked with a friend at the girls cottage weekend and she just got it and said she loves it. I was always worried I wouldn't have enough room, but her basement is smaller than ours (with a smaller space in front of her TV) and she said she's just fine.... I think I will get it all set up tonight and run down there first thing in the morning to get it done.

0 people had this to say: