Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tastes good smells bad

I love cabbage. I really do. Even though I can't stand the smell of it cooking.

However, I digress. With the new fall weather I like eating hot food. Salad unfortunately has been taking a back seat to soups and saucey stuff. So last night I made this cabbage roll casserole.

Except I used ground turkey instead of beef and I added worchestire sauce, vinegar and hot sauce (like some of the reviewer's comments).

Besides the disaster in the kitchen that results from preparation (chopping a whole cabbage is MESSY) - the end result was quite tasty. Next time I think I will add a few more spices and hopefully I will have some of my own tomato sauce to use instead of buying it.

Regarding the gym. If you've noticed, I haven't been exercising that much at all. It's cold out! During the time I can make it outside (before 6am or after 7pm) it's freaking cold. And maybe I'm just getting older, but the cold affects me WAY more than it used to. Heck, I trained for a half marathon in the winter! But these days I just can't do it.

So, I start my new job Monday (yay) and I am signing up to their gym (monthly deductions off my paycheque, how spectacularly easy) and getting rid of my GoodLife membership (which is currently on hold anyways). My plan is to work from 7 till 3 and then go to the gym until 4 - and pick up Carson at the same time I've always been picking him up (yes, my new job is that close to home). I was thinking about going in the morning, but call me a sap - I just can't adapt to a schedule where I would never see Carson in the morning. Days that he sleeps in, I don't see him before I go to work and I don't like it. Plus, if I go after work I don't have to worry about carting all my hair dryer, straightener, make up, etc... with me. I'll just quickly shower when I get home. Brilliant. Exciting.

1 people had this to say:

Anne said...

Good luck on Monday!!!
You're so lucky that you'll be working close to home. You have no idea how jealous I am right now!