Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Trouble in paradise

I'm finding the time after work and before dinner to be quite impossible to NOT snack.

During this time, I make a little snack for my kidlet and start to make dinner. And I'm hungry. Tonight I ate two spoonfuls of peanut butter dipped in jam. Seriously. Isn't that sick? And while I was doing it, I actually thought to myself "Heck, I've eaten this, I may as well eat whatever I want to. I'll start my diet on Monday".

I haven't thought that in AGES. I've been maintaining my ten pound weight loss for a couple weeks and maybe it's because I haven't been losing or gaining... that my motivation has slipped, I've gotten too comfortable and then these old but apparently not forgotten thoughts re-enter my mind.

I was at the grocery store tonight (after going out to dinner with friends, I shared Carson's dinner and got an appetizer for myself and took half home) and was actually strolling down the CANDY aisle trying to decide between mini rolos and M&M's. I stopped in my tracks, shuddered and turned around without looking back.

Time to refocus. Time to remember why I want to lose these last ten-ish pounds.

Oh, this is my souglyitmaybenice sweater. I picked it up at Winners the other night and wasn't sure if it was ugly or nice. But I brought it home and I've taken quite a liking to it. Anyways, wore it to work and got lots of compliments so I'll keep it.

2 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

I like the sweater....it's got spunk.

I have trouble with the pre-dinner snack too. Yesterday I had a muffin to tie me over.....not necessary. What I've been trying to do is make dinner the night before, that way I just need to heat it up and it's ready when I get home. No time to rummage around for a snack. Or you could have an apple or something right before you leave work? I use that one too!

JavaChick said...

When I'm really on my game, I will prepare some raw veggies to munch on while preparing/waiting for dinner. I find that helps.