Thursday, December 18, 2008

I did it

I went out of my realm of comfort and split an appetizer with Emma:

Baked Goat Cheese & Slow-Roasted Garlic Flatbread Plate Warm garlic flatbread, spiced cranberry relish, roasted corn and onion salsa, fresh papaya and roasted red pepper salsa (can I say DELISH?!?!?!??!)

And then I ordered the

Red Curry Chicken Bowl Chicken, red peppers, green onions simmered in Thai red curry coconut cream, fragrant jasmine rice, steamed Asian greens

I only ate half so I brought the rest for lunch today. As well as my gym clothes so I can work off some of the calories from last night. And my scale this morning actually said 158.6 It wavered! It changed! It works!

I just have to say too, I love the gym. I love it being so close, so accessible. Honestly I wouldn't be going to the gym otherwise. I don't dread going, I find it such a good break - right in the middle of the day, and I come back to my desk completely refreshed and ready to tackle the afternoon.

And I knew it. I'm a weak, weak person. I know I shouldn't bake at home - without the intention of bringing it out of the house right away. I had a few bananas sitting at home, no one has been eating them lately, so they were over ripened. Turning black. Perfect for banana bread. Now, let me back pedal a bit. I don't bake. I don't bake because I love baked goods and I will eat whatever it is I bake. I'm weak, what can I say!?! But I made banana bread. I've never made plain banana bread before and it was perfect. Best banana bread I think I've ever tasted. And 3/4 of the loaf is gone. And it's been three days. Granted, my husband has helped me, but I've done my fair share of eating it. I can't wait for it to be gone!

4 people had this to say:

desajair said...

Mmmm.

Hey wait, no chocolate chips in that there banana bread???? LOL

Christy said...

Hehe nope - plain banana bread! With walnuts! I added walnuts cause I know Jeff loves them and I normally don't like nuts in my bread. So I thougth my adding them, it would deter me from eating it. Nope, I used the walnut bits so you can hardly taste them and yet they give the bread more of a hearty texture. That definitely backfired!

Carolyn said...

Get it out of the house!! Cut the rest up and take it to work with you or send it to Jeff. Baked goods are sooo dangerous!

Christy said...

You're right... I really should!

So very dangerous.