Friday, January 16, 2009

I almost forgot...

That I was supposed to do yoga today!

I went into the gym... started on the elliptical and then about 20 minutes later saw some of my workout buddies head out the door with yoga mats. So I headed to my first ever yoga class.

I suppose I liked it. Although I don't feel any different then before the class. I think I've heard it takes a few classes when you really start to know the poses to get the maximum benefit. I'll give it a couple of months :)

4 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

astanga yoga is a great get your heart pumping yoga but hatha is wonderful for relaxation and de-stressing... that said depending on what type you are doing you're going to get different things from each type of yoga.

I know there are pre-natal yoga classes (most of which will not allow you to start until your second trimester) you can take so you might want to mention to your teacher that you are pregnant just in case some poses should be modified.

Hope you have a great weekend! Hold strong... I've had 5 successful eating days... we're going out for dinner with friends tonight but I have 5 days behind me to keep me going through the weekend! lol I refuse to be thrown back to square one come Monday!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yoga classes at the gym never tend to be that great for some reason.

I've tried them a the gym, and at a proper yoga studio - the latter is always a much better experience.

Christy said...

Thanks ladies! I wonder if I should keep it up at the gym then, or just spend my time doing somewthing worthwhile!

JavaChick said...

The gym I belonged to had some great yoga classes and some not so great yoga classes - all depends on the instructor I think. And as Malinda mentioned, there are many different styles of yoga so it all depends on what you want to get from it.

I would give the class a few more tries to see if it gets better. Can't hurt right?