Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's always good to be home

I had a WONDERFUL weekend! I spent fantastic quality time with one of the people I hold nearest and dearest to my heart - and she always makes me feel a thousand times better about everything and motivated to stay in a healthy way.

I met an AMAZING friend who we've only known in a virtual sense for the past 3ish years (really? Has it been that long?) and she's every bit as beautiful and wonderful as she is in her blog and I'm very lucky to have her as a friend.

I spent more money than I should have at Sephora but now I'm beautiful and hopefully some of the other things I got will improve this horrible skin I've been having the past couple of months. Also a few senseless treats just for ... well, no reason except that I love them.

No maternity clothes were purchased, but I inherited some from my sister in law that she brought me which is always fun.

We walked a TON, laughed a lot, ate a lot, wished I would have slept more, but had a really great time.

As nice as a weekend I had away, it was wonderful to come back home. I just put Carson to bed and now I'm going to spend some time with my husband.

5 people had this to say:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Christy - it was AMAZING to meet you too. You're such a beautiful and awesome person! I honestly didn't feel like I was meeting you for the first time.:-)

Was in the middle of sending you a gushy e-mail, but just wanted to say that the pleasure was all mine!!

xoxox
-sonya

Anonymous said...

I missed the most important part of your post, lol! The cosmetics purchases!

I love the Aveda stuff that you bought - don't have the sensitive cleansing line, but I think I mentioned the Chakra body spray when we were chatting? It's marvelous, and will make you feel totally zen.:-)

By the way, your SIL was lovely (and gorgeous!) as well.

-s

desajair said...

Yay for fun weekends!

Chantal said...

Oh thats nice you had a good weekend. I am going out that way for a girls weekend next month and I can't wait. Speaking of that, I better get my butt in gear and book those train tickets....

Anne said...

Yay for fun weekends!
I'm going to the Rideau Centre tomorrow night, I think I might have to treat myself as well :)