Friday, April 24, 2009

Gotta love Fridays!

I'm wearing sandals! With heels!
And jean capris!
And a black t-shirt! with an animal print sweater!

Ok, I'm just being stupid now.

One of the women I worked with just stopped me in the hall and said she just had to tell me how wonderful I look. She said I see you every day and you are just getting more and more beautiful and she thinks I'm the eptiome of the perfect pregnant woman. At first I obviously thought she wanted something... but she said no seriously, I've wanted to tell you taht for weeks now. And I've talked to her maybe a handful of times since I've been here. I also get kudos every day from the wonderful women at my gym (although they are all in better shape then I am - or was in, before I got pregnant even) about my exercising during this pregnancy. And you know what? I am quite proud of myself. I hadn't wanted to gain over 25 lbs this pregnancy and I'm at about 21 right now at my last weigh in (although the scale is now finally showing me back down to about 18) but I feel good. I'm starting to feel heavy and getting a bit more winded, but other than that I feel freaking wonderful.

Looking back, this came across in a way I didn't mean to. I've just been feeling so icky after seeing the scale, seeing pictures (my face looks doubles it size) that I was feeling rotten about myself so the compliment made me feel really good and better about things. So don't hold the attitude against me please :)

4 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

YAY for you!

JavaChick said...

It's not a bad thing to want to feel good about yourself. I think it's great that you are feeling wonderful!

Alea said...

Hey, you don't have to apologize, your co-worker's right! And you should be proud, not only because you look amazing, but also because you're still exercising and doing things to be healthy. So yeah, all the compliments you get are well deserved - enjoy them! :)

Sonya said...

She's totally right - you are the bees knees, Christy.:-)