Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wanda helped!

I did it!  I went for a 45 minute powerwalk with the stroller after work today!  We had to stop for 15 minutes to watch some construction going on (don't worry, I deducted that from our total walking minutes) but I did it!   As I was adding my exercise to my sidebar, I realized I've now exercised more days in April (before the month is up) then I did for March in total.  Go me.


Thank you Anne - for reminding me about MANGOS.  Tonight I didn't really eat supper because I wasn't hungry (perhaps due to the muffin my wonderful colleague made for us) and was craving something.  I was just about to have a peanut butter and jam sandwich and I saw our mangos sitting there.  I felt one (there are 3, they were on sale 2/$3) and it was perfectly ripe.  I remembered Anne saying how she's in love with them right now so I ate one of those instead and it was MORE than perfect.

Did you know that Rooibos tea apparently doesn't make you have to pee?  The wonderful Sonya suggested rooibos to me when I got pregnant, it's a herbal tea that's safe to drink while pregnant and has tons of nutritional and health benefits.  It's a bonus that it's delicious too.  When I was visiting my hippy Aunt, she mentioned that its one tea that isn't supposed to make you pee.  So it's PERFECT for night time for me.  

I mean, don't get me wrong, I still have to get up a few times during the night, but since I started drinking it at night - it's not like I have to get up more.

5 people had this to say:

Anne said...

Yay!! I'm about to go have some mango sherbet rigth now!
Good job on the walk!!

Amy said...

Isn't it RHONDA? ;)

I had a mango last night, and my just about to have another one!

Christy said...

Oh my god, am I that stupid and said Wanda when it's Rhonda? I think I just peed myself!

Anne - I bought what I THOUGHT was mango sorbet but it was mango frozen yogurt and I don't like it at all.... bah.

Sonya said...

I didn't know that about Rooibos and the peeing! Really?

OMG, I freaking love Rooibos. Here's my current rotation:

- creme caramel Rooibos (there's caramel flavour infused in the tea)
- coco chai Rooibos (cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, and coconut!)
- cinnamon Rooibos

I bought them from that tea place (remember the one I pointed out when you were visiting in TO)? Called "David's Tea".

If you want ANY, just say the word and unlike the food from "Fresh", I can put this stuff in the mail.:-)

Chantal said...

I will have to look into that tea. I usually avoid late night drinking too.