Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I KNOW it's wrong...

But the best part of my 33 week check-up this morning was when the doctor told me I lost 3 lbs. Sure it SHOULD have been when I heard my baby to be's heartbeat, sure it should have been when I was told my blood pressure was stellar, when I found out he's head down, when the doctor told me I've had such a good healthy easy-going pregnancy (he said he's hoping I'm not done yet!) or when I was measuring right on que but oh no, leave it to the crazy part of me that was happiest when I found out I lost weight. I know, evil thoughts enter your head right now.

So now I'm at 26 lbs up - at this point with Carson I was DOUBLE that. It's amazing what eating well and exercising does for you while you're pregnant.

My co-workers are having a surprise shower for me at lunch (I found out by mistake) and I had my doc appt this morning so tehre will be no exericising for me today. It's pouring rain outside too so unless there's a small break in the weather tonight I fear my stats will drop :(

6 people had this to say:

Sonya said...

You rock the planet, my dear. I'm SO proud of you!

Teresa said...

Glad to hear all is well! Have a wonderful time at your celebration. You are doing an amazing job.

Malinda said...

cheers to small victories!

have an awesome day Christy!!! How many more weeks till you start your mat leave or have you decided?

Chantal said...

All of it is great news :) I need to get my butt in gear. Last night I went for a 30 min power walk and I need to do that every day. And some weights and other stuff. I gave up my gym membership a year ago so I need to self motivate. I am not good at that...

Christy said...

Thanks for the comments ladies :)

Malinda - I'm hoping my last day of work is June 30th, two weeks before my due date.

Chantal - the daily walk has done WONDERS for me during this pregnancy. Besides the great advantages of the exercise itself, I find it's great ME time and I always feel better about everything after it's done. Again, congratulations!!!

JavaChick said...

No evil thoughts. It seems to me that you are focused on being healthy and I don't see that as a bad thing. You're doing great lady!