Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Flank Steak

Tonight we're having Carrie and Rob and the twins over for supper. I've been craving flank steak for the past couple of months (which is good because since the surgery I've become anemic so bring on the red meat!). My step-mother makes a fantastic flank steak and I've made it a few times and it's delish. Thought I would share the recipe (it's really simple)


1/3 cup oil
slightly less than 1/4 c vinegar
1/4 c soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
green onions (sliced)
4 garlic cloves (I've been known to add more)

Marinade steak in (above) (on counter if only for ~ an hour, in the fridge if longer. As with anything the longer you can marinade the better!). Cut sears in steak 1 inch apart (against grain) so marinade sinks in.

Grill steak on BBQ - heat left over marinade to serve with steak.


I normally serve it with jasmine rice and tonight will be adding a fresh green salad (made with lettuce, carrots, onions from our garden) with pine nuts, goat cheese and roasted red pepper.

I'm contemplating making chocolate chip cookies for dessert but then I'll be tempted to eat them all.

4 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

Look at you! Your baby is barely a week old and you are entertaining! You are a STAR!!!

Anonymous said...

is it called flank steak at the grocery store...or another name because I can never seem to find it

Jennifer

Miss Gogo said...

Sounds yummy. I will have to add it to my next grocery list

Christy said...

Yep - it's called flank steak (I only ever find it at the butcher counter, it's never already wrapped up and just in the fridge part)

Oohhh and it was so good - and we made enough for leftovers tonight!