Friday, August 14, 2009

Zucchini

Yesterday my best friend gave me a zucchini that she grew in her garden. The thing is HUGE. Wait a second. Let me go take a picture of it.


What the heck am I going to do with this thing?

6 people had this to say:

desajair said...

I grate them up and freeze them. Or zuchinni chocolate cake is to die for. Or sticks grilled. Or sauteed up with onions, lots of paprika, and a bit of sour cream at the end and it's a too-die for side dish.

Marathon Someday said...

That *is* a beast!

You can grate it up and use it in muffins.

You can also chop a bunch up, and grill it in the oven with olive oil and a bit of salt. It's a great salad topping (with balsamic and goat cheese).

Apparently, it's good raw (but not something that I personally enjoy) - but you might!

Enjoy!

aandjblog said...

Yumm Grilled Zucchini

Marathon Someday said...

Oh, and check out this: zucchini chips!

http://meatlessmama.blogspot.com/

Chantal said...

My sister gave me one almost as big as that and I am making zucchini chocolate chip loaf (muffins for me) out of the Eat Shrink and Be Merry cook book. I will freeze a bunch of the batter to use later.

Chantal said...

BTW the recipe I mentioned is in the Crazy Plates cook book, I made it and it rocks.