Thursday, August 13, 2009

Counting the days

Ok, I am going to copy my biggest inspiration, Sonya, and count the days into this routine. I'm at Day 2 now.

I've already eaten two cookies I maybe shouldn't have, but I will readjust my day accordingly. I'm spending the day at my mom's house with both kids (even though my mom nor step-dad is here) because the cleaning lady is at my house and, well, my mom has a pool :)

And my mom always has Dad's Oatmeal cookies in the pantry and I can never help myself. And of course they come in packs of twos, and I don't have the willpower (yet) to resist the second one.

For breakfast I had two pieces of toast with peanut butter (I finished the cereal yesterday morning. It's rather funny, at one point I had 8 boxes of cereal which drove my husband batty. I've slowly been making my way through them and only have one box of cereal left. I don't like it though, I bought it because it was on sale, I hope it will just eventually go away). For a snack I had a peach. For lunch I had the second half of my salad from yesterday. Dinner tonight will likely be on the run (see below) but I will make a healthy choice for sure!

Tonight we are going to Kemptville to see my mom paddle in for the night. She's doing this kayaking tour (www.kayakingforcancer.com) for 8 days and I thought I'd take the boys up to see her tonight. I hope at my mom's age that I'm out there doing something of the likes. She's camping at night - with a bunch of strangers (she didn't know anyone when she signed up), kayaking a total of 220km - I'm really quite proud of her.

2 people had this to say:

Sonya said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

(waves pom-poms and does cart wheels!)

from: your biggest cheering squad EVER.:-)

desajair said...

Wahoo! Another great day.

Your mom is so awesome! And yay for being able to spend the sweltering day at a pool. 8)