Friday, October 2, 2009

Excuses

I can make up any excuse for anything in my life. Lately I hear myself saying things like


"Oh if I had money, I'd be skinny. I'd have a personal chef prepare all my meals, I'd have a personal trainer. No way I would be fat"

"Oh if I didn't have kids I would have all the time to exercise, to cook, to plan... I'd be skinny"

"Oh if my husband worked from home I woudl go to the gym while the kids napped. I wouldn't be fat"

"Oh if I wasn't nursing I could lose all my weight lickity split. I'd be skinny again (ok, I was never skinny so I'd be smaller)"

And the list goes on. But the reality is, this is my life (and honestly I quite love it) and no matter who you are, where you live, how much money you have (or don't have), if you are single or married with kids... you will always have things that can work against you if you let them.

The key here is to not let them. To look at my life and try to work in the important things to me, my priority is my children but I need to remember to make myself a priority when I can. And it's important to me to eat well, to be healthy, to be happy and to be energetic!

4 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

That is a wonderful positive attitude Christie! It isn't always easy to keep upbeat, I totally understand that. Hugs.

Marathon Someday said...

I have made each of those excuses myself.

And actually, if your children are your priority, implicitly, you're the FIRST priority. Because if you don't take care of yourself (physically AND emotionally) you can't be there for your children. Easier said than done, I know!

Miss Gogo said...

God, I feel like you read my mind sometimes! lol

MAMA P said...

I have said all these comments to myself and more. It's funny how we justify whatever it is we struggle to change. Congrats for recognizing it and putting it down here. It's amazing what a little honest reflection can do! Good luck.