Thursday, October 22, 2009

One picture. Two questions.

I went on a coffee date tonight. With Carson! The baby was in bed and I wasn't ready to end my perfect day with Carson, so we went to our local coffee house for ice cream. Carson had ice cream and instead, I had a chai latte. With skim milk. Ok, not healthiest choice but it wasn't ice cream!



And ladies? These days I am HUNGRY! I've been walking daily (sometimes even twice a day) for about an hour each time. I either have one child in a stroller or I have both kids, one is wrapped on my chest and the other is in a stroller. So I don't know if it's the exercise or if it's the nursing, but when I go to bed at night my stomach is growling. I normally try to ignore it, but sometimes I can't. I wake up in the middle of the night ravenous. So the whole "no eating after 7" thing isn't really working for me.

So if I have to eat at night - what should I be snacking on?

On another note: we carved our pumpkins today. I have a huge bowl of pumpkin seeds. I used to roast them with my mom, but Ive never done them myself.

How do you roast pumpkin seeds?

4 people had this to say:

Miss Gogo said...

I usually roast them with a bit of olive oil, garlic powder, seasoning salt.

Lynn said...

Clean the seeds really well, and lay them out in a single layer on paper towels to dry overnight.

Put a layer of tin foil on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray (or spread with a little oil).

Toss the seeds with a little olive oil and salt. Spread on the pan in a single layer.

Bake at 250 degrees for one hour -- stir every 15 minutes.

As for late night snacks, I find a nice cup of flavoured tea makes me feel like I am having a treat with few calories. My sister has me hooked on PC's Chocolate Chai herbal tea -- it's a strange taste at first but somehow I've become addicted. Add a little milk -- no sugar needed!

If I'm really hungry in the evenings I like to have yogurt -- the protein makes me feel full and the sweetness makes it feel like a treat (I always buy vanilla or some fruit flavour -- and none of that fat free crap, either, get the good stuff :).)

Chantal said...

I was going to say Yogurt as well. It is always my go to snack at night.

Marathon Someday said...

You're burning off a bunch of extra calories because of the nursing, so that's probably why you're hungry at night!

Yogurt is a great suggestion! You can top it with a couple of teaspoons of granola if you want to be decadent. Handful of nuts and a fruit is good. Or even a nice slice of cheddar with some ww crackers.

Oh, and I looooooooooove the dates you're going on with Carson. Super, super, cute.