Monday, November 2, 2009

I know it says Monday...

But my last post was from Saturday. Then I didn't get back on the internet for the rest of the weekend so I didn't finish it. I've had two full days to think about how I'm feeling.

And Sonya, you're right. The time that I will be able to nurse my baby is a tiny amount of time in the grand scheme of things. (I should start paying you as my psychiatrist!) So I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing and then some.

I know that I'm doing better now then I was in the weeks following Beckett's birth

- I'm not buying treats at the store and bringing them home
- I'm walking an hour a day. Every.single.day
- I'm re-introducing healthy daily foods (oatmeal, cottage cheese, fruit, veggies....)
- I'm not getting takeout
- I'm not thinking of every reason under the sun as to why I don't want to eat at home
- I'm drinking lots of water

And I'm sure there are other things that I'm missing.

One thing (and I know mothers can relate) is that I'm also feeling kind of bored. I have a dailly routine - but it revolves completely around the children. Yes. I know. I'm a mother and my life should revolve around children, and I am grateful to be their mother. But I miss looking forward to something, for me. And I don't need much. So the past two days I spent thinking about what I can incorporate into my life that's just for me. That makes me feel better. That I need in my life to keep me going from day to day. Something to look forward to.

And you know what it is? It's the gym. Seriously. The times in my life when I've been exercising regularly, I can remember feeling on top of my game (re: life). So I talked it over with Jeff and I'm joining Tony Greco's Lean and Fit. It's like a circuit training, 45 seconds at each station (8 stations I think) and you do it 3 times. With hardcore cardio in the middle. Tony trains all kinds of athletes and he's really good. I joined his gym about 5 years ago and I was in sweet-ass shape. I think my body fat was 19% or something like that (it's probably double that now). The gym is only minutes from my house and the whole session lasts about 45 minutes, so I'm banking about an hour and ten minutes, 3 times a week. Then I'll keep up with my walking, my healthy eating habits and a stellar attitude (trust me, I will get there) and by the time I'm done nursing and the weight is ready to come off, it will fly off.

I'm so excited!

5 people had this to say:

Amy said...

my gf Amie goes to Lean and Fit and loooves it!

Have fun!

Chantal said...

yes incorporating something for you is a great idea.

JavaChick said...

Good for you! I'm sure you'll feel better because you are doing something for you! :)

Miss Gogo said...

Is that like Curves?

Christy said...

It's like curves only in that it's stations - but the stations at Tony Greco is all with weights, balance boards, medicine balls and they change it up every class. It's awesome.