Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'm SICK

Of course I get sick before we have visitors for 5 days! My dad, step-mom, sister and her boyfriend are coming in from Edmonton. I haven't seen my sister in two years! She's my half-sister (so my dad's daughter with his second wife) and we aren't super close, but I'm quite excited to see her.

We are having everyone over tomorrow night.

Friday night the sisters are all going out.

Saturday night everyone is headed to my sister's (and at this point, my aunt and uncle from Toronto will be here as well)

Sunday night we are all going out for dinner for my older sister's birthday. I'm putting the kids down to sleep at my mom's house (I know, my mom babysitting for us to go out with my dad and step-mom....)

Then they have their own plans on Monday and we'll get back together on Tuesday.

Did you read between the lines and see the amount of socializing (with my family that means drinking and eating) that's going to occur in the next couple of days? The only thing I have going for me is that I'm sick which hopefully means I won't be able to taste my food, which means it will be easier to stay away from? Does that make sense?

I want to be ready to rock it next week at Tony Greco, so I want want want this cold to go away!


4 people had this to say:

Marathon Someday said...

Ugh! And I'm guessing you're looking after the kids today too, of course. Sending a TON of get well vibes and some virtual tomato soup your way. xo

Christy said...

Thank you! It's just a cold, but I find it kicks the crap out of me. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better :)

I hate complaining about having a stupid ol cold :)

Marathon Someday said...

LOL - you just reminded me of this video.

Have you seen it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

Christy said...

Oh.my.god

SO true!!!