Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm back already!

Have any of you ever talked to someone about your eating? I'm confused as to what my problem is. I know how to eat healthy. I feel good when I eat well. And for 90% of the time during the day (ie: regular meals) I eat properly. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of eating disorder as it's when Jeff leaves that I scarf food down. If no one is looking, I eat scads of food. I suppose I would have to call them binging. I never thought I was a binger, but looking back - that's exactly what I am.

So I'm calling my doctor this morning to make an appointment to go in and talk to him. To explain what's happening. We've been going out alot this weekend (I have family visiting) so I've been getting dressed up, and when I look at myself in the mirror. I cry. Seriously. I don't recognize my face, it's swollen. My hands are bloated, my feet are bloated. I need to get myself fixed and I figure my first step is trying to admit to someone in the professional field that I think there's something wrong with me.

I've never gone to talk to anyone about my problems before, yet i'm the first person to offer that exact advice if someone else is going through problems. Why is it we never take our own advice?

Anyways, I have no idea if I will be blogging through this or just allowing myself some time to figure things out. But that's where I'm at right now.

4 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

Hugs Christie, we are here for you if you want to share.

malinda said...

i think this is awesome! you are taking a great step and you should be proud of yourself for doing so. Sometimes it can be something so simple and maybe it's just a few sessions with a therapist or the guidance of your family doctor... who knows... it doesn't have to take over your life just be the little piece that makes it all come together.. the click.

Teresa said...

Wish I was a brave as you! Hope you find some insight that can help you. ((Take care))

Carolyn said...

I agree, I think you are taking a huge step in the right direction. Everyone has their battles and eating just happens to be one for you. I think it's great that you are open to talking to someone about it. I hope you find the balance that you are looking for!